Caleb's hands at birth.

Caleb's hands at birth.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Our Caleb Is Here!

On the morning of February 18th, 2009, I was on my way to the hospital! Sleeping the previous night was next to impossible, so I cleaned everything in sight! I wanted to bring my new baby home and just cuddle him, and not wanting to lift a finger on housework! We got to the hospital, and I was hooked up to machines, stuck with needles, and bugged by staff every fifteen minutes! I was being induced because my body does not go into natural labor, and this baby inside me was huge! I was given the epidural around noon, and labor was on its way! It just so happened that my epidural was not working at all. I still could feel everything! My labor was progressing very nicely, and around five p.m., this baby was coming! We had a difficult delivery. The baby had gotten stuck. One of the scariest situations I have ever been in. One minute I was pushing, and the next minute, there were doctors yelling at other doctors, to go get other doctors and etc! I had five nurses on the bed with me pushing down on my stomach, screaming at me to push! At that moment my poor husband drops the video camera. The look on his face was one that I will never forget. And at that moment, I knew something was not right. I finally delivered a healthy baby boy! To everyone’s surprise, this little guy came out screaming! (Not expected, due to such a long time in the vaginal canal)

And there he was, a chunky little guy with a head full of hair. We named him Caleb O'Connor Hurd. He was ten pounds and two ounces. He is finally here. Our precious Caleb….

No comments:

Post a Comment