Caleb's hands at birth.

Caleb's hands at birth.

Friday, October 29, 2010

The meaning of "Caleb"

In the Old Testament, the biblical Caleb was Joshua's companion. The both of them eventually led the Israelites into the Promised Land, after Moses' death. An Old Testament name brought to America with the Puritans, where it was fairly common until around the 1920s.

Also means "dog" or "courageous".

I could not be happier with Caleb's name, and the meaning. As said earlier, Caleb was Joshua's companion in an amazing journey. And I could not help myself and reflect on the journey that this family has taken with him and all of his medical triumphs. And as for the "dog", go ahead and laugh about it, but if you remember the meaning "a dog is man's best friend". Caleb and his other brother and sister, are my best friends. And "courageous", that little boy has enough courage as a grown man. I could not be more proud of Caleb, and his name. Just a little reflection of my thoughts today, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment