Caleb's hands at birth.

Caleb's hands at birth.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Caleb's Story Photography/Foundation

My journey with Caleb has been an amazing one. As our journey continues, I not only want to help my son, I want to help others as well. I am very fortunate that my son has had syndactyly, which can be fixed, and also a cranial deformity that also can be fixed. I am very blessed. There are others who are not as fortunate. This saddens me. I wrote this blog to tell a story, a happy one. And to let it be known, that there are kids all over the world with a deformity of some kind. The military has been able to cover the expenses on all of Caleb's medical care. There are some families that cannot pay for certain doctors and surgeries. This is where I want to step in, and I hope you step in as well. I am gathering people together in my community to help fundraiser for these kids and families that cannot afford medical care. I will also be selling tee-shirts and other nick knacks. I will picture the design below. 20% of the proceeds on all items with go directly to a charity called Operation Smile. You can also visit their site at www.operationsmile.com.  I bought a shirt for Caleb and me yesterday! If you do not want to buy a tee, then go to the site and donate what you can. Every little bit helps!
I am also donating a certain talent of mine for these beautiful children. I am giving free photography sessions for the children and their families. God made each one of us different, and I believe we should all embrace our differences.  I have ALWAYS loved the pictures that I took of Caleb's hands before surgery. Caleb’s hands were so beautiful in those pictures.  Spread the word for me please! And please spread the BLOG! Thanks again for taking time out of your day to read. May god bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment